In response to the threat of COVID-19, IDP has created several new resources for lawyers, immigrants, advocates, and community members. These resources, including template motions for redetermination and a handout on how to protect your community during COVID-19, are available below, along with a compilation of non-IDP resources that we’ve come across in the last several weeks and thought were of note.
- Template motion for custody redetermination in light of COVID-19 pandemic – Immigrant Defense Project
- Template motions and supporting exhibits that individuals detained pursuant to INA § 236(a) can use to seek a custody redetermination hearing before an Immigration Judge, arguing that the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic constitutes a material changed circumstance requiring the Immigration Judge to reassess a person’s detention.
- Practice Alert: Seeking Release of Immigrant Clients From State and Local Custody During the COVID-19 Health Emergency – Immigrant Defense Project
- Coronavirus Guidance for the Criminal and Immigration Legal Systems – Vera Institute of Justice
- Coronavirus 2020 Defender Practice Related Materials – New York State Defenders Association
For advocates and community members:
- Protecting Your Community During Coronavirus – Immigrant Defense Project
- Surveillance During COVID-19: Five Ways Governments Are Using the Health Crisis to Expand Surveillance – JustFuturesLaw
- Crisis within a Crisis: Immigration in the United States in a Time of COVID-19 – Migrationpolicy.org
- To #FlattentheCurve, We Must #FreeThemAll – Immigrant Justice Network
- Justice Roadmap COVID-19 Demands – Justice Roadmap
- Statement for a Feminist Foreign Policy to Confront the Coronavirus Pandemic – Mobilizing Women for Peace in Korea WomenCrossDMZ
- FAQ: Immigrant Workers’ Rights and Covid-19 – National Employment Law Project, National Immigration Law Center, and OSH Law Project