Supervising Litigation Attorney
The Immigrant Defense Project (IDP) is hiring a full-time Supervising Litigation Attorney to lead our strategic litigation practice, and also have the flexibility to participate in IDP’s other programmatic work (policy advocacy, legal resource development, communications) as needed. The Attorney will also perform general supervisory functions within our office. The Attorney’s litigation work will focus on monitoring and participating in litigation before the federal and state courts and BIA to ameliorate the immigration consequences of criminal convictions and criminal legal system contact, and to counter ICE enforcement practices. Core responsibilities include:
- supervising a broad docket of immigration appeals before the Supreme Court, federal Courts of Appeals and BIA through case monitoring, technical assistance, strategic coordination, amicus briefing, and direct representation;
- recruiting and maintaining a wide network of pro bono partners;
- supervising staff attorneys, legal fellows, and law students;
- representing IDP in coalitions, meetings, and working groups;
- contributing to IDP’s fundraising efforts through grant and fellowship proposals;
- contributing toward IDP’s legal resources and trainings.
The Attorney will work primarily with a staff of three litigation attorneys/legal fellows, and IDP’s Senior Counsel and Executive Director. Read more about the position here.
IDP offers summer and term-time law school internships and accepts applications on a rolling basis. More information about IDP’s internship program is available here.
Volunteer and Pro Bono Opportunities
IDP regularly works with volunteers in the following areas: hotline intake and advisals; graphic design; film, webinar, and podcast production; web design; legal representation, including deportation defense, petitions for review in federal courts, habeas corpus litigation in federal courts, state post-conviction relief; legal research. If you are interested in volunteering with IDP or serving as pro bono counsel, please contact us at [email protected]