Removal Defense Resources for Criminal-Immigration Cases
- Practice Advisories
- Removal Defense Checklist in Criminal Charge Cases
- Immigration Consequences of Crimes Summary Checklist
- Chart: “Particularly Serious Crimes” Bars on Asylum and Withholding of Removal
This chart assists practitioners in determining whether an offense may be deemed a particularly serious crime, and thereby bar certain persecution-based relief from removal. It also includes a table of case law determinations.
- Chart: Aggravated Felony Case Law Determinations
This chart contains sample aggravated felony case law determinations to help you determine whether a specific criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) may be deemed an “aggravated felony” for immigration law purposes.
- Resources for Criminal Defenders
- Quick Reference Charts for Immigration Consequences of Criminal Offenses
These charts list common criminal offenses, and whether they might trigger an immigration ground of removability (and thereby subject an immigrant to deportation).