- Know Your Rights – Flyer & Booklet
- Home Raids Poster
- Car Stops and Automated License Plate Readers (ALPRs)—Know Your Rights Flyer, Resources, and Infographics
- The Power of Being Prepared: how to prepare in case you are arrested by ICE
- Learn more about ICE ruses
- Know Your Rights Infographics
- Documenting ICE Raids
- IDP Know Your Rights Videos
Know Your Rights – Flyer & Booklet
Download IDP’s Know Your Rights Flyer available in 16 languages for community members on rights during encounters with ICE in the community. (2 pages)
Know Your Rights with ICE – English (Updated March 2021)
Entérate de tus derechos con ICE! – Spanish (Actualizado en marzo de 2021)
When someone is detained by ICE, whether they can fight their case in front of an immigration judge or in another way depends on their past experience. This two-pager helps you understand what type of immigration case you could have and what your rights would be in the case of an ICE detention.
Home Raids Poster
Download IDP’s Know Your Rights Poster to hang in the home with a reminder of your rights, what to say, and what to document in case of an ICE (immigration) raid (11” x 17”, available in 7 languages)
Car Stops and Automated License Plate Readers (ALPRs)—Know Your Rights Flyer, Resources, and Infographics
- Two-page flyer on what to do if you are in a car stopped by ICE. Includes a two-page pullout sheet with your rights. Available in three languages:
- Two-page resource about ICE’s use of Automated License Plate Readers (ALPRs), along with a two-page pullout sheet that explains your rights when ICE stops a car. Available here in English.
- Accompanying practice advisory on legal issues related to ICE car stops
- Infographics about your rights during a car stop (set of 8)
The Power of Being Prepared: how to prepare in case you are arrested by ICE
This booklet, produced by the Immigrant Defense Project and the Center for Urban Pedagogy, is a community-facing guide in Spanish informing people about how to prepare for a potential ICE arrest, detention, and immigration court proceedings. It emphasizes the importance of getting accurate legal advice, gathering and preparing relevant documents, invoking your rights, and has specific pointers for medical considerations and advocacy in detention.
Learn more about ICE ruses
IDP has been tracking ICE tactics since 2013. ICE ruses (tactics that mislead people) are very common. Learn more:
- A primer on ICE Ruses: What common ICE ruses are, why and how ICE is trained to use ruses, and what you can do to protect yourself.
- ICE Ruses Flyer—Ways That ICE Pretends to be Local Police.” Learn more about common lies ICE tells when pretending to be local police, including in person and over the phone. Available here in English and Spanish.
- Common ICE Ruses Infographics: Available in both English and Spanish.
Know Your Rights Infographics
Documenting ICE Raids
In the past few years, as many people have become aware of ICE’s brutal enforcement tactics, and even more of us carry smartphones, videos of interactions with ICE have become much more frequent in the media.
- Watch our webinar, co-hosted with WITNESS, about the right to film ICE and documenting ICE abuses and raids. Use the free slides on filming ICE in your own presentations.
- Infographics: Know Your Rights Basics for Documenting ICE, How to Document ICE Raids, and Things Not to Forget While Documenting ICE. Available in both English and Spanish.
IDP Know Your Rights Videos
Learn how to give a Know Your Rights presentation to immigrant communities by watching IDP’s Train the Trainer workshop titled: “How to Give a Know Your Rights Presentation for Immigrants,” originally presented on April 22, 2020. The presentation materials also include KYR slides in English and Spanish, as well as a recording of a community presentation in Spanish.
To help immigrants, their loved ones and community allies, IDP collaborated on a series of short videos produced by Newsweek. Learn how to prepare for an ICE raid and your rights during encounters with ICE in the community.
For more information on the genesis of these videos, check out “Families Fearing Deportation Because of Trump’s Immigration Policies Prepare for I.C.E. Raid,” an op-ed written by IDP’s Mizue Aizeki.