skip to Main Content
Need legal advice? Click here or call (212) 725-6422. Attorneys, click here.

IDP provides expert legal advice on the immigration consequences of contact with Criminal and Family Courts. We assist immigrants and their loved ones, criminal defenders, family court practitioners, and immigrant advocates through a range of services including the IDP Helpline and the newly created Padilla Support Center.  While IDP cannot provide direct representation in immigration removal proceedings we can offer individualized advice. If you are an immigrant or the loved one of an immigrant in need of assistance, please leave a voicemail on the IDP Helpline and someone will return your call within two business days. Please be ready to provide information on immigration, criminal court, and family court history. Find out more about how we can help:


  • Are you an immigrant in need of legal assistance?
  • Do you have a loved one in need of legal assistance?

Please call the IDP Helpline at 212.725.6422

NYC Appointed Criminal and Family Counsel

The IDP Padilla Support Center provides FREE expert legal advice to NYC appointed criminal and family counsel.

Please contact the IDP Padilla Support Center

Nonprofit Legal Service Providers

If you have a non-citizen client who has had prior contact with the criminal or family court systems, we can help.

Please fill out an online request.

NYC Private Counsel

Due to the high demand for our services from indigent immigrants and appointed counsel, we ask private counsel to make a contribution if we are able to give you advice. Your contribution will help sustain our consult work for all by offsetting the cost of providing you with guidance.

Please fill out our webform and someone will get back to you with a recommended contribution range based on the complexity of your inquiry.

Counsel Outside of NYC

  • If your client has NY convictions, IDP may be able to help.
  • If your client has non NY convictions, IDP can connect you with one of our partner organizations.

Please fill out an online request.

Back To Top
×Close search